I start swearing in German and laughing at the same time as I lift my hands.  I look like I murdered an alien barehanded. 

“Josué…” I grumble, “This is the fifth batch you’ve ruined in two weeks. Give me a break already.”

Josué grins at me, the telltale blue smudges of ink on his fingertips giving him away. “You always mix the blood with your hands. I can’t resist!”

I try to scowl as the thick purple liquid oozes off my hands, but I’m laughing too hard. Instead, I slap him with dripping hands. At least now he’s stained too.

--

My first ever drabble, and it had to be a color.  You're kidding.  Color prompts are difficult because it doesn't give you much to work with.  On the other hand, they tend to be the most free to interpretation.

This idea was definitely stolen from myself.  In the original concept, the offending blue stuff was squashed blueberries instead of ink.  And the character's name was Raviv, not Josué.  I did have a character named Josué, but he was from something else entirely.

Oh, and it's not clear out of context, but that's stage blood.  Slightly less creepy than you might otherwise think.
Labels:
0 Responses

Post a Comment