“Don’t lie to me!” he screams.  I’m going to cry.
“I’m not lying; darling, you know that!”
“No, you aren’t listening to me!  Kerri, Silvania, Staid, Amber, you; I failed every single freaking time.”  He flings butterflies at the walls and they shatter.
“...Why am I last on this list?”
“Because you’re the most important,” he whispers.  
Why are his eyes glittering?
“I’ve always failed you.  I shouldn’t have come back.”
“No!  The only time you failed me is when you left.”  I can’t breathe.  “One more adventure?”
He sighs.  “We’ll fail.”
“At least we’ll fail together.”
“...Count me in.”

--

Corby has... problems.

Kerri was his girlfriend in his original story.  She slipped into a coma for reasons we never fully fleshed out, and quietly vanished away.  Silvania was another girl in the story, one who was in love with him and who he had some feelings for.  Staid was the fire girl from another drabble.  That... didn't end well.  Amber is under Serenity's wing, which means that she's sort of gotten between them.  By rights, I should come after Silvania.

And as much as he threatens to leave me, if I ask him to stay he's kind of a sucker.  Which you can see here.
Labels:
0 Responses

Post a Comment