Diana made a face.  “How can you eat something that melts in your mouth?”

“How can you eat something so absurdly dense?”  Aster shoved her plate of dark chunks toward Diana.  “You may keep your foodge; I don’t want this demon’s concoction.”

“That’s ‘fudge’, my dear girl.  And anyway I don’t want your ‘linen candy’ either,” Diana shot back dryly, popping a fudge square into her mouth.  She glanced at Aster mischievously. “This stuff is definitely good for one thing though.”

“What’s that?”

Diana leaned close and whispered in her ear, “The sweetest kisses imaginable...”

Aster quickly discovered she agreed.

--

Thus starts my fixation on Aster and Diana.  I didn't realize I'd never written a drabble for them before.  They've been around a while.

I think the idea of angels and demons having different tastes in sweets is an intriguing one.  And I think it's cute that although Aster doesn't like the fudge alone, she's readily fond of the chocolate-flavored kisses Diana offers.

In the original draft of this drabble, by the way, Aster snatches the cotton candy back from Diana's hands.  A very un-Aster-like move that underscores just how demonic she's getting under Diana's influence.
Labels: ,
0 Responses

Post a Comment