She keeps glancing over her shoulder.  I know she knows I’m there.  I don’t care.

I saw her shut off her phone.  I know she’ll tell me the battery died.  I don’t care.

She’s not really mine, it’s just... a game?  I know she has every right.  I don’t care.

I don’t care.  But I’m there anyway, hidden in the shadows, watching.  Not missing anything.  Does she know I’m there?

I don’t care.  I have to know what she does that she won’t tell me about.  And I know, now.

Tears drip into my hands.

I lied.  I do care.

--

These two again.

No, I have no idea what Diana is doing.  Yes, I feel immensely bad for Aster.  She's completely failing to convince herself that she's okay with whatever is going on.  She's still unarguably an angel.

I'm pretty sure I was frustrated with my own partner when I wrote this.  But not for any reason like it.
Labels: ,
0 Responses

Post a Comment