We’re lying on our backs with our eyes shut, fingers twined between us.

“The conference is this week,” Aster says softly.  “I’m eighteen; I get transferred this year.”

That’s right.  I’d forgotten. “Shouldn’t you be packing?”

She snorts.  “For what? Prissy teenagers, stuffy adults?  I’m not going.”

I open my eyes, shocked.  “Not going?  To the very important conference in heaven where you officially become a full adult angel?  Are you insane?”

She sits up and leans over me, her face serious.  “I don’t need to go anywhere.  You are my heaven.”

Then she kisses me, and my heart melts.

--

I didn't intend to drabble, but then they picked Heaven and I couldn't help it.  Cute!Aster drabble beckoned.

I'm not sure if the heaven/hell idea is going to carry over, but it did apply at one time so I decided to go for it.  And the juxtaposition here is great -- Aster rebelling against expectations and Diana protesting it.  Such good stuff.
Labels: ,
0 Responses

Post a Comment