“Please, Eirlys!”

I was too embarrassed to speak and refused to look at Tristan. Maybe if I just didn’t move they would leave me alone.

“What do you say, my lady?” Hesitance touched Tristan’s amused tone.

“Do you even know how?” I looked up to see him offering his hand.

 “Indeed I do.”

I looked around at all the eager faces. Sighing, I placed my hand in his. Deftly he swept me into familiar motion, a complicated one. The young soldier danced gracefully. More surprising was how easy this was. 

Wasn’t dancing supposed to be awkward? Somehow this felt… right.

--

Tristan begged for this prompt.  Literally begged.  And when I passed this information on to the rest of the participants, they readily agreed.

Eirlys really did need convincing, she wasn't just being cute.

Because of the timeline and pacing, I had to drop this scene as well.  But it did give me good insight into both characters' thoughts and feelings.
0 Responses

Post a Comment