They’re going to fight. I just know it. The Child of Darkness marked me for his own, and he will not let the Starlit stay. They watch each other. None of us moves. I can barely breathe. I need them. I can’t let them kill each other.

The Child of Darkness offers his hand to the Starlit. “Welcome to the family.” 

Hands clasp. “Thank you.”

I look from one to the other, bewildered. Where are the possessive ones I am accustomed to? They look at me. “Why?”

They smile. The Child of Darkness answers: “For you. For love of you.”

--

I was admittedly extremely freaked out about letting Serenity and Corby cross paths.  I was nearly certain that was going to end in a fight.  But astonishingly, they get along just fine.

This was also where I discovered that Seren is a "Starlit", whatever that means.
Labels: ,
0 Responses

Post a Comment