“Seren... what’s happening?” her voice shook.  He smiled softly.  He remembered the first time.

“Shh...” he placed his finger over her lips, shivering a little at the almost painful heat of her skin.  “They simply want to meet you,” he whispered, not wanting to disturb the points of light dotting her skin.

“Why?”  It was obviously a struggle to keep her voice down.  Her arms were shaking.

“They’re our cousins.”  He let one crawl from her fingertip to his.  “They connect our lights...” he raised his hand and watched the firefly blink into the sky.  “...to those of the stars.” 

--

I'm still trying to figure out what being a Starlit means, and it's helpful that Amber is as well.  I wish I had been better able to capture this moment, since I can picture it so clearly in my mind.

It's obvious to me that Seren has cared about this girl since she turned up in his life.
Labels: ,
0 Responses

Post a Comment