Of course I always succumbed, in the end.  But every minute I delayed the inevitable was a victory, for the moment I fell was a defeat of the worst kind.  How long does it take to go insane?

If I had found peace, I would have given up.  But I found only darkness, monsters, blood.  So I fought endlessly.

I’m insane now.  “Serenity.”  Crimson stains his silver hair.  Cold eyes, but the warmest smile.  I trust him.  Half our hands are clasped, the others hold our swords.

I am not alone any longer.  I am not afraid.

We fight together.

--

Introducing Serenity, who tends to populate my dreams and protect me in my nightmares.  Mostly about how I fought to stay up late because it was better than sleep.  This actually occurred in about my third nightmare of him, when he finally introduced himself.

I'm pretty sure Crimson was the prompt, although I'm not sure because technology is stupid and overwrote the original notation with the prompt for either the previous or following drabble.
Labels:
0 Responses

Post a Comment