“See these yellow marks?”
They nod.  “What do they mean?”
“They mean I’ve been chosen for a special job, and I have special power that goes with that.”
She wrinkles her nose, but his eyes light up.  “Like magic?”
“Kind of like magic...  I’m going to live five hundred years.”
“But not with us,” I hear her whisper, but he isn’t listening.
“Are you going to be invincible?”  He sounds so excited.
It’s hard to speak around the lump in my throat.  I grab both of them and snuggle them tight against my chest.
“Yeah, little brother.  I’ll be invincible.”

--

I'm going to make myself cry.  Aw.  Awwww.  This Air elemental (yellow = air) has twin siblings, probably about six or seven years old, and they really have no idea what's going on.

The concept that the elementals are picked up out of their regular lives and shoved into this is a really interesting one.  Although not a fun one to break to your family, I can imagine.
Labels: ,
0 Responses

Post a Comment