Someone was climbing up to join me on the roof.  I sighed and turned around.
“What are you doing up here?  Why’d you leave the party?”
“Because I was lonely.”
“All the people are inside, dork.  You’d only be lonely out here!”
A breeze wrapped around my shoulders, whispering amusedly in my ear.  I smiled.
“The air inside is hot and dead.  Out here it’s alive and breathing.  Out here, I can breathe.”
I suggested to the breeze that it whisper to the invader, and felt it leave my skin.
He backed away.  “Okay, you’re a nut.  I’m outta here.”

--

Drabbling in a notebook is tough because you have to count the words and rearranging is a pain.  And I even misremembered the prompt, which was actually "Just Because I Was Lonely".  But whatever.

I sorta like this one, although the conversation is terrible and the end is too abrupt.
Labels: ,
0 Responses

Post a Comment