“There’s not enough time.”
“There will never be enough time.  That’s why we took the job, isn’t it?  Because no one will ever have enough time.”
“No, really, listen to me.  This time, it’s real.  This time, we’re out of time.  This time, we aren’t going to make it out.”
“We were never going to make it out, sweetheart.”
“Stop it!  Stop it; it’s not as simple as that!  We are going to die down here.  It’s not the time to be philosophical about it.”
“Sweetheart, this is what we wanted.”
“...Not this time.  I didn’t want it this time.”

--

A one-off where I have absolutely no fricken clue what's going on.  Honestly, no idea.  I just started typing and it grew into this thing.

In other news, the prompt itself is 10% of my wordcount.  I think that's a record.
Labels:
0 Responses

Post a Comment