Is this what drowning feels like?

Or maybe it’s the reverse of drowning.  My lungs won’t fill with anything, not air not water not anything I CAN’T BREATHE.

How can she do it?  How does she breathe way up here where the earth has only the loosest hold on her?  I’m going to fly out into empty space if emptier space than this actually exists and I’m going to reverse-drown in the nothingness I CAN’T BREATHE.

I’ve never understood why anyone could be afraid of water, they all love air so much and now I know why.

I CAN’T BREATHE.

--

The all-caps is on purpose, as is the lack of punctuation.  I asked a friend which elemental to use, intending to, uh, drown them.  She gave me Air, and suddenly instead of being about Air drowning, it became about Water suffocating.  That was super cool.
Labels: , ,
0 Responses

Post a Comment