Yes, I broke every rule in the book.
No, I wasn’t being rebellious.
Reckless,
stupid,
head-over-heels in love,
but not rebellious.
Yes, I sneaked out of the house
to fly with her in the dead of night
when all the good angels were asleep.
No, I wasn’t doing it to prove anything.
I just wanted to fly with my girlfriend.
Yes, I went against everything you ever taught me
and made my vows with the wrong person.
A rebel,
a demon, 
a woman.
No, I’m never backing down.
I’m not a rebel.
I’m being honest.
I love her.
The end.

--

So Aster wrote a poem.

I wasn't aware it was going to be a poem until she split the third sentence over four lines, and then suddenly it was a poem.

The yes/no thing makes me giggle.  And I love that the rebel/demon/woman thing is progressing through "worse" attributes.
Labels:
0 Responses

Post a Comment