Before Serenity, if you’d asked me what my favorite time of day was, I would have said mornings.  Sun streaming in through the curtains, breeze rustling the trees, the promise of a fresh start.

Now, if you ask me the same question, I say dusk.  The soft blurred colors of twilight, the sleepy chirps of nesting birds and stretching crickets.  But the magic is in stars blinking their eyes open and murmuring lazy good evenings to each other and to Serenity, who whispers their names and their stories in my ear.  Dusk is breathless, beautiful, magical, familiar.  Dusk is home.

--

This is Amber.  I would never say morning was my favorite time of day.

I don't know if she's in love with him or with the stars.  Could be either, could be both.

I'm not the only one who did a star-person drabble for this prompt!
Labels: ,
0 Responses

Post a Comment