Funny how any old thing can become a symbol.  

One well-placed analogy can turn a plum into a representation of how a relationship works.  A single random choice turns a string of plastic beads into a stand-in engagement ring.  “Marmalade” becomes the keyword for “I wish you were here”.

With associations like that running around the weirdest things can turn dark, triggers we never see.  A well-loved song is synonymous with death.  A name you can no longer stand to hear.  Plaid shirts suddenly all look bloodstained.

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but so is morbidity.

--

Yeah all of the analogy examples in the second paragraph are from my real life.

Two of the ones from the third are from an alternate reality of my real life.  The name one is from my real life, although it's gotten better.

Symbolism features heavily in my world.
Labels:
0 Responses

Post a Comment